Climb Every Mountain, Prophetic Word for 2023
I believe God’s word for 2023 is Perseverance or “Climb Every Mountain” from the movie, The Sound of Music. The past the mountains that you have climbed have prepared you for your Mt. Everest in 2023.
In the movie, the Von Trapp family climbed the Austrian Alps to escape the influence and demands of the Nazis who had invaded their country. As the movie ends, the song “Climb Every Mountain” is played as the family hikes through the Alps to Switzerland.
Today, some are climbing the Mt. Everest of relational strife, a serious disease or injury, financial loss, or a seemingly unsolvable personal problem.
- God has Designed us to climb like a deer who can go to great heights and conquer the unconquerable. Three scriptures repeat the theme that “He made my feet like the feet of a deer and set me secure on the heights.” (2 Samuel 22:34; Psalm 18:33; Habakkuk 3:19)
- God has Prepared us to climb our Mt. Everest. All past mountains have prepared you to climb the next great mountain. The mountain of 2023 is not a punishment but God’s opportunity to advance. Those who wants to climb Mt. Everest, the tallest mountain in the world, have to climb many mountains for months before attempting Everest.
- Avoid Wile E. Coyote moments. Wile E. Coyote is the cartoon character that continually runs off cliffs. Wile falls when he looks down and becomes fearful. Stop looking down at your circumstances. Stop allowing fear to stop your climb.
- Expect a Difficult Journey. God does not promise an easy journey. Climbing a mountain is difficult but not impossible. The mountain is only unconquerable if we believe it is too hard.
Matthew 7:13-14, “You can enter God’s Kingdom only through the narrow gate. The highway to hell is broad, and its gate is wide for the many who choose that way. But the gateway to life is very narrow and the road is difficult, and only a few ever find it.”
- Follow the Path of others. We are fortunate to follow the paths that trailblazers have created and the many who have followed. The Bible is filled with those who climbed the mountains before us. If one climbs Mt. Everest, there is a path to follow.
- We need Others. If you climb alone, you have limited capacity. Climbing Mt. Everest would be impossible without a team. To climb Everest alone would be fatal. We need others to succeed.
- We gain higher Perspectives. The higher we climb, the greater perspective that we will see. We will see life from God’s eyes.
- We are closer to Heaven (God). When we climb the mountain, we are closer to God. Because of the journey, we know God more intimately.
I lift up my eyes to the hills.
From where does my help come?
My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth.
He will not let your foot slip
he who watches over you will not slumber;
indeed, he who watches over Israel will neither slumber nor sleep.
Climb every mountain. Don’t give up.
Thanks to Dianah Stahl for her prophetic word on “Climbing Every Mountain” and my Thursday Night prayer group that helped release this word.
P.S. I have a message on “Climb Every Mountain” from our Sunday morning service, January 1, 2023 and can be accessed on Zoom LINK. (the audio on the song, second slide, is not working). Link to Song: Climb Every Mountain