1. Pray for all those whose loved ones have died to be comforted and that many of those missing will be found alive.
2. Pray for the Japanese authorities to have wisdom as they attempt to reach those in the greatest need and allocate supplies.
3. Pray that efforts to cool the reactors at the Fukushima power plant will be successful and a full-scale nuclear disaster will be averted.
4. Pray for Christian organizations and churches who are distributing aids will stand strong in their faith and be distinctively Christ-like in the way they help and care for the suffering, that they will be salt and light in this situation.
5. Pray that this unprecedented disaster will prompt others to turn to the Lord Jesus.
6. Pray for deeper intimacy with God and the revealing of His heart to those saved Christians to win the lost.
7. Pray that the Lord will gives the Christians divine strategy for taking Japan and Asia for God
8. Pray for God to raise up prophetic warriors: the worshipers, musicians and artists
9. Pray for the unity in the body of Christ- specifically Japan and Asia
10. Pray for the spirit of repentance to fall upon the church of Japan, that she may repent of the sins of the church towards the people of Japan and Asia
11. Pray for a spirit of intercession to fall upon the church of Japan.
12. Pray for God to draw the hearts of His handmaiden/watchmen into their stations to intercede for Japan.
13. Pray for God to establish a 24/7 house of prayer to burn in intercession for Japan.
14. Pray for God to release the finances of the kingdom to support the works He is raising up in Japan.
15. Pray for God to stop human trafficking in Japan.
16. Pray that all six nuclear power plant reactors will be fully contained, and all cooling systems and backup generator systems restored. Pray for God’s guidance for all those who are working to restore electricity to the plants.
17. Pray for protection over all the nuclear power plant workers, Self Defense Forces, electric power company workers, firefighters, and every person who has risked life to divert further disaster and the potential of a meltdown.
18. Pray for healing for each person injured during the earthquakes and tsunamis and for those who have been exposed to radiation. (Psalm 91; Psalm 46; Daniel 3: 25-27)
19. Pray for those who live close to the forced evacuation area.
20. Pray that God will set up a shield of protection around about them.
21. Pray for the evacuees who have left homes, schools, businesses, and personal belongings.
22. Pray for their smooth and easy adjustment to life in the facilities to which they have been relocated.
23. Pray for God’s intervention to dissipate the radiation and to cleanse the air, the ocean and waters, and the soil in the areas surrounding Fukushima.
24. Pray for Godly wisdom for government leaders who are making decisions and plans for distributing bottled water to parents with infants in the Tokyo area. Radioactive elements have been detected in tap water in the Tokyo area.
25. Pray for the search and rescue teams for God to lead them to find persons who are still alive. Pray for many miracles – that even against the odds of survival after nearly 2 weeks, God will call many to come to life to reveal His glory. (Story of Lazarus. John 11)
26. Pray for the disaster relief teams working in the disaster-hit areas. Pray for protection over their health, over their minds, emotions, and spirits, as they witness the extent of damage, destruction, and carnage.
27. Pray for those who have been working long hours ever since March 11. In some cases, hospital staffs have worked virtually 24 hours each day to try to care for patients until emergency disaster teams could arrive to help.
28. Pray for God’s comfort for all those who are taking care of many others.
29. Pray for the smooth flow of distribution of relief supplies to all of those in need with adequate gasoline needed to transport the supplies.
30. Pray for adequate provision of kerosene for heaters for those in snow disaster-hit areas of northeastern Japan.
31. Pray for hope to arise among Christians who are assisting in the disaster relief and for the churches in disaster-hit areas which have become evacuation shelters. Pray that all believers in Japan will be carriers of hope. (Romans 15:13)
32. Pray against fear as these sizable tremors and aftershocks continues daily in their midst as many fear that another big earthquake will occur. Pray for God’s Shalom to come in their midst. (Philippians 4:7)
33. Pray for those who are experiencing survivor guilt, heartbreak, overwhelming sorrows, compounded grief, untold loss, and deprivation (little or no food, water, heat). Pray that God will bind up the wounds of the broken-hearted. (Isaiah 61:1)
34. Pray for the teams of Japanese psychiatrists and clinical psychologists who are going to evacuation shelters to talk with survivors to have God’s compassion be revealed to them.
35. Pray for the Japanese communities emotional, spiritual, and mental health to be comforted and minister with God’s love as they listen to many heart-wrenching stories with hope & trust in God
36. Pray to break down religious practice in Japan like those ancestor worship. (Sometimes, Japanese have elaborate altars in their homes where they pray and burn incense to their ancestors, to show honor and respect. This practice is a major hindrance to the gospel, especially when the oldest child in a family with aging parents is saved. The oldest son is expected to honor his deceased mother or father by keeping the remains in a Buddhist altar, offering incense and other items in worship and respect.)
37. Pray to break down the harmful moral values among the youth (news of violence in schools and in homes, of elementary and junior high students performing violent acts on classmates or their own parents. Junior and senior high school girls are selling their virginity to businessmen for $500 to $1000. Many young adults known as "parasite singles," refuse to go to college or get jobs. They continue to live at home with their parents and refuse to take part in helping the family).
38. Pray for the breakdown of family structure in Japanese homes. (Because of the busyness of life in Japan, family members spend less and less time at home. Children attend club meetings and cram school work after their regular classes, sometimes not getting home until 8 or 9 pm. More and more children are growing up without their fathers who are either working until long after the children's bedtime, or who live separately from their families because of their job locations. Divorce is on the rise, and so is the average marriage age. Less and less children are being born. In 1980, the number of households with children had decreased to less than half.
39. Pray for unity in the church between Charismatic, Evangelical and Mainline churches and that walls will be broken down. Pray for worship to be a key to pull down spiritual walls and for God's presence to be released in Japan. Pray for more Japanese worship leaders to be raised up, and for more Japanese worship songs to be birthed in their hearts.
40. Pray for a new crop of young pastors and leaders with fresh vision and fire for God's call to be raised up for Japan.
Written by Mary Santos